Monday, October 4, 2010

Homecoming: The Maiden Voyage































This weekend, Emma went to her first homecoming dance with her first boyfriend. She looked beautiful and I was so excited for her. She was just lovely. She IS just lovely: an incredible person inside and out. Her BF, Juju, looked so handsome and they matched in their black and white ensembles. We added the little white velvet flowers so it would match Juju's tie. She wore a velvet blazer because it was chilly out. I love that she was the only 14-year-old girl without high heels on. Age-appropriate and beautiful.
No tears for me. I don't feel sentimental or like my-little-girl-is-growing-up-too-fast. She is right where she should be and I couldn't be happier. Emma is a must more self-possessed person than I was at her age. Right on, my girl, right on!

No comments:

Post a Comment