Sunday, November 14, 2010

Art!...through the eyes of a teenager.

Miro
Warhol

Van Gogh

Kandinsky
***
So, i figured it was time for me (Emma) to finally write on this blog, I was thinking about what i wanted to do as i was setting one of Wassily Kandinsky's paintings as my desktop background. You can guess where I'm going with this. Yes, I am going to talk about art. My favorite art.
The first one is by Miro. He is probably my first favorite artist. I remember my grandpa (papa) David buying me his book when i was younger, even though he personally didn't like that kind of art. i like Miro's art because it's crazy, abstract, and you never get bored or run out of things to look at. I also like the idea of imperfection and drawing things you can't see unless you use your imagination.
The second one is Andy Warhol. My eighth-grade art teacher taught us about him and i instantly fell in love with his work. Unlike Miro's work however, Warhol's paintings are more exact. The soup cans he painted are all true to the original inspiration. I like his idea that anything and everything can be looked at as art.
The third one is none other than Vincent Van Gogh. I went to the MOMA where my grandmother works as a volunteer and saw "Starry Night." It is my favorite painting of his, but it's everyones favorite so i decided to post my second favorite. I'm not sure why i like him but I'll let you know when i figure it out.
Last, but obviously not in any way the least: Wassily Kandinsky. On my trip to Paris last year, with my wonderful grandmother, we went to the Centre Pompidou art museum. They had a huge exhibit on Kandinsky and it was marvelous! The painting above really caught my attention and I sat and stared at it for a good 10-15 minutes.
Art is something that has been with me since I was born. My grandfather being a fabulous artist he is, has inspired so much of my creativity and what I want to do with my life.

1 comment:

  1. Kandinsky has always been a favorite of mine! ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete