Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hell Hath No Fury







So my hair was awesome this morning.
Then, the wind and sleet happened. Of course I waited until today to fill my gas tank, even though I've been on 1/4 for several days (i have a short commute). Today, I was on fumes.
To the gas station we went on the way to school, me and my Em. It was raining lightly, just a sweet drizzle. The wind was holding off, maybe 10 mph.
But gosh darn if the sleet didnt start whipping around in sudden 40 mph winds the split second I got out of my car to pump gas.
There I stood, pathetically shivering and desperately blocking my mascara from Mother Nature's really bad sense of humor (she was jealous of my hair, I'm sure). Emma stood making a concerned sad face from inside my warm, seat-heated car.
Finally, I gave up with a half-filled tank. I'll wait until we have a tornado or something to fill it up all the way.
Off to school we went, Emma looking picture perfect. Me looking like a wet, drooling, demented monster.
But my outfit was cute (even though it wasn't fully dry until 2nd period).
*Watch your back, Mother Nature. Watch your back.*

No comments:

Post a Comment