Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Hunger Games--DONE!




I finished reading Mockingjay the other day. I loved this trilogy, but I liked the first two books the best. I thought Mockingjay was a bit chaotic and disorganized. I totally mispredicted the ending!

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I predicted that Katniss would not choose Peeta or Gale, but boy, was I wrong. I was really happy with the choice and the reasons given, but the author also added a happy-ever-after bit about where they were years later and it was a little too sweet for me, but it did lend itself to a terrific last line of the book.

One of the reasons I loved this series was because I love Dystopian literature. It's probably my favorite genre. I also love main characters who become accidental leaders, discovering their own strengths along the way. Katniss was flawed and remained so. Her flaw was not tragic, but she was really aware of it and tuned into it, which is a nice character trait. If she was a real person, I'm not even sure I'd like her, but I'd sure as heck admire her.

Read this series!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like great reads! I am going to read the first one of tees in a little bit, so I skipped the spoiler alert. thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete