Saturday, September 11, 2010

Throwback




















I like that Emma has this kinda old-school style. It reminds me of the 80s, but she doesnt think so. She's got her totally tossed Cons, suspenders, band tee, purple eyeliner, and skinnies. Sounds like the 80s to me! The only diff is that I would've been wearing Doc rockabilly shoes instead of Cons.
My outfit is continuing my flying squirrel trend. The sweater is my fave--picked it up last year on sale at J.Jills. It's a really pale green, a color I rarely wear. I got the Born shoes for under 10 bucks including shipping on ebay. I love the oxford shoe trend that's going on now.
The weather is changing quickly and I'm loving it. I feel energized (despite that i've been so sick) and spunky. It makes me want to put on my ipod and take the dog for a long walk.
I was thinking this week about the 80s. That's when i was in high school--I graduated in '85. For some reason, this time of year always kicks my memory wagon into gear and I start drunk driving down memory lane. It's also my friend Tim's birthday next week. He died 8 years ago and i'm missing him. We were friends from 1985 until he died, with lots of ups and downs in between. So you know what? This is for him---Emma's 80s throwback outfit, my squirrel shirts, and the fall. And you all out there? Have a nice Oktoberfest for him. He'd love that.

1 comment:

  1. I completely got an old school Madonna / Tiffany vibe from Emma's clothing choice! Happy Fall to you!

    ReplyDelete