Thursday, September 9, 2010

Jason Mraz dressed me?

























I'm totally into Jason Mraz now. I have always loved slightly folksy, down-to-earth music, and this guy's got all that and more! I feel like I could go crazy dancing with him or sit down and drink tea in front of the fire with him. His voice is so clean, you know? So in honor of Jason's relaxed, yet funky style, I wore some laid-back clothes today. Kind of a sari vibe, said some of my colleagues. Emma thought it was weird. Someone else asked if I was wearing pajamas. I think it's a little of all of them. I also added a little bit of black eyeliner, which I don't always do, to add to the Indian effect of my outfit. And just to make it perfect, I had crackers and hummus when I got home.

Speaking of Jason Mraz, I tend to get these musical obsessions which really annoy my family and friends. i'll make a new musical discovery and that's all I'll listen to for weeks. I really like singers I can quote in my classroom and my boy Jason has some great lines.

Emma has been dressing down a little bit lately. I think she's feeling out the waters at her new school before diving in. I'm impressed. I can see her processing her surroundings. I wasnt like that as a teenager. I just rebelled. Flat out. It kind of backfired, but that's another story. She also says she likes to design her outfits around one focal piece. Today's was the Cons.

Final thought: I'd really like to build a liveable treehouse. Wouldn't that be supercool?

2 comments:

  1. Love the owl necklace! So wise and sparkly! Also love the splash of color the shoes provide. THey look comfy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owl necklace cheap! from Forever 21, emma's new fave store. Wolky shoes are so comfy i could sleep in them and be happy!

    ReplyDelete